EMI Option Schemes & Black Scholes Modelling
We have a team of specialists advising clients on equity participation schemes and if required, liaising with legal experts to design the most appropriate scheme to incentivise employees. An EMI scheme is a highly tax efficient scheme and we have a wealth of experience in advising and putting these schemes in place.
How haysmacintyre can help you
As part of the EMI option granting process we would:
- Review the clients qualifying position for an EMI scheme
- Obtain a valuation from HMRC
- Draft initial scheme rules
- Draft standard option agreements
- Draft amendments to various clauses including good/bad leaver clauses, when the options will be exercisable and include vesting conditions to produce final precedent documents and specific option agreements
- Draft the staff handbook, which provided a guide on the implementation of the scheme for employees
- Issue final option agreements
- Register options with HMRC.
Once the share option scheme is in place we are also able to advise on the accounting of the share plans whether this be under IFRS or UK GAAP.