haysmacintyre, Farrer & Co and Cazenove Charities are hosting a comprehensive programme of training sessions for both new and experienced trustees.
March 30, 2022
10:30 am - 2:00 pm
This session will provide a comprehensive summary of trustees’ duties and responsibilities and will cover issues such as:
- What information do you need as a trustee and what are your legal responsibilities?
- The framework within which charities operate: the legal structures used by charities; the regulation of charities; the role of the Charity Commission; and the public benefit requirement
- Trustees’ duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities, and the role of the chairperson
- Responsibilities for identifying and managing risk
- Charity accounting: the accounting and reporting framework, ‘unravelling the jargon’, preparation of accounts, ensuring you receive the right financial information, and the role of trustees and audit committee
- Charity funds, investments, and banking
- Fundraising: the ground rules; the role of professionals, and corporate support
- Trading: the ground rules and the use of subsidiary companies
- Recent regulatory developments
- Governance best practice
Please note that as these events have limited capacity, they are intended only for charity trustees and relevant charity employees.
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.