3rd March 2021
haysmacintyre’s VAT experts, Kamlesh Chauhan and Stephen Patey, teamed up with MSI Global Alliance members Cathal Cusack from Cusack Garvey and Peter Kranendonk from Ruitenburg Adviseurs & Accountants, to record two Q&A sessions on post Brexit trading for UK businesses. Focusing on both B2B and B2C, the session responded to a variety of questions including:
- What is the difference for UK businesses selling goods/services to EU businesses/consumers post Brexit?
- Are businesses required to pay import VAT and Customs Duty for goods sent to, and received, from the EU?
- What are the new rules being introduced for EU B2C sales from 1st of July?
- Is it worth setting up EU premises to distribute goods within the EU?
- Can businesses set up an Irish company and sell products through this company?
- What overseas EU VAT registration issues may arise?
View B2B recording above.
View B2C recording here.