He enjoys looking after compliance services for his varied client base, and advises a broad range of tax consultancy services including R&D relief claim, Theatre, Film and TV tax relief, EIS/SEIS scheme, EMI options, group reorganisations and cross border taxation.
Prior to joining haysmacintyre in May 2021, Zayar worked as a tax manager at a top 20 firm, and as a tax associate at a local independent firm, part of the Moore UK network.
Outside of work and family life, Zayar enjoys watching most sports and days out.
Being both a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser allows Robert to provide his clients with a commercial and holistic offering, whilst being able to fully understand the impacts and processes behind the advice provided.
Prior to joining haysmacintyre in 2021, Robert worked in a large independent practice in the City of London where he completed the ACA/CTA Joint Programme.
In his spare time, Robert enjoys watching/playing sport, especially Rugby.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The role will be client facing and you will need to show a willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. The role will encompass a mix of both tax compliance and tax advisory work providing a broad and varied role. You will have relevant experience working in a tax focused role.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including charities, trading subsidiaries and other not-for-profit entities under the supervision of managers.
- Technical research into a variety of tax issues.
- Liaising with HMRC on enquiries into tax returns.
- Basic introduction to tax advisory work, under the supervision of managers, to partners and clients including:
-research and development tax relief;
-group tax planning;
-venture capital tax reliefs;
-share schemes and valuations;
-Preparation of the tax sections of due diligence reports;
- Completion of EMI and EIS/SEIS documentation;
- Assisting managers with billing and managing work in progress on portfolio of clients.
Work Based Competencies
- Qualified/Part Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA/CA or equivalent), either working in a corporation tax role or with exposure to Corporation tax in a general practice role. Alternatively, the candidate can have relevant corporation tax experience qualified at least to ATT level
- Has previously managed a client portfolio would be preferred but not essential;
- Able to use the Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word;
- Knowledge of Alphatax preferred but not essential.
- Self-motivated individual;
- Able to deliver work to a high standard and meet internal and external deadlines;
- Displays good organisational and time management skills and the ability to run and manage a client portfolio;
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, the ability to work unsupervised within a team environment and can influence and negotiate;
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally;
- Aware of own personal development and contributes towards it. Training and study support will be available where applicable
Our corporate tax knowledge is extensive, but we recognise it’s just the means to an end: making sure your business is in the strongest possible position for sustainable commercial success.
Reshma enjoys assisting clients on transactions such as share and asset acquisitions and disposals, design and implementing employee incentivising schemes and tax efficient remuneration packages, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring as well as long-term exit planning.
Prior to joining haysmacintyre in 2019, Reshma worked at UHY Hacker Young and Moore Stephens (now BDO) as a key member of the tax team.
Reshma enjoys travelling the globe wine-tasting and looking for hidden treasures!
Michelle enjoys engaging with her clients to obtain a deep understanding of their business goals and ambitions, how this interacts with their tax profile and appetite for appropriate planning. She believes this approach is fundamental to assisting her clients from a tax perspective and for spotting business opportunities. Her specialist areas of advice are employee share option schemes, research and development tax relief, capital allowances and corporate restructuring.
She joined haysmacintyre in 2015 from a Top 10 firm where she had trained and progressed to the role of Corporate Tax Manager. Whilst training, Michelle qualified as a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland and became a member of the Association of Taxation Technicians.
Michelle is also a member of our Corporate Leadership Team, investing time in devising business and sector strategy. She enjoys attending various networking events, seminars, writing content and driving the firm’s partnership with the UK PropTech Association.
In her spare time, Michelle enjoys swimming, going to the gym as well as singing, acting and dancing – she is a former West End performer!
Mark enjoys creative thinking to advise on challenging technical problems in any area of tax, particularly where multiple taxes are involved, and does not restrict himself to purely business/corporate or personal taxes. Mark thrives on variety and is always looking to get involved in a new problem or a new area.
Prior to joining haysmacintyre in 2020, Mark had spent a year at an independent tax consultancy, following over 20 years with a top 20 firm.
Mark is an active member of his local institute branches and regularly lectures and chairs discussion groups on a variety of tax topics, giving him a broad awareness of tax issues facing small and large businesses.
In his spare time, Mark enjoys countryside walks, cooking and a rekindled passion for Lego models.