haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 39 partners and over 500 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
We are looking to recruit an Audit Manager to build upon a period of strong growth and support new audit and advisory clients. The key aspect of the role will be to work closely with Partners running a busy portfolio working with a range of clients within our corporate sector with a particular sector focus on Creative, Media and Tech (CMT). In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills as well as being involved in training, managing and appraising staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. The key sectors that we operate in as a firm are Creative Media Technology (“CMT”), Hospitality, Financial Services and Property. You will be actively involved in helping to drive the Real Estate strategy and attend various business development initiatives in the space.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
• Audit: statutory audit, planning, completion, attend / lead client meetings etc.
• Being a key point of contact throughout the year
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients as well as prospective clients
• Provision of general business advice to clients
• Managing the overall service delivery to clients
• Ad hoc Corporate finance projects (Due diligence, AIM/Standard listings, reverse acquisitions etc)
• Other special projects
• Client billing and job recoverability
• Prospective client meetings
• Assist in supervising/managing the audit staff including having a responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for career development of others
• Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients and referrers in the CMT sector
• Assist where required in the general running of the audit department
• Reporting directly to the partner and having several direct team members report to you.
Work Based Competencies
• CMT sector experience
• Expert in the financial and regulatory elements of the real estate sector
• Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and international standards on auditing
• Working knowledge of Tax as applicable to occupational pension schemes
• Experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and onsite reviews
• Qualified accountant
• The successful candidate will be able to multitask in terms of handling multiple clients simultaneously
• Excellent technical and personal skills to service a portfolio of clients efficiently and effectively
• Excellent communication skills and be confident, articulate and able to communicate at all levels externally and internally
• Ability to produce high quality business style reports for non-executive committees
• Presentation skills for tendering for new work
• A team player with the ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
• Strong organisational skills
• Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationship