1 December 2021
You will have had experience of leading small audits from the planning stage right through to the completion stage including supervising junior members of staff within your audit team and be in the process of studying for the professional stage of the ACA qualification or ACCA equivalent. This role will be client facing, where you will need to show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. As an Audit Semi-Senior, you will be required to travel to clients’ premises and work around clients’ working hours as necessary.
Responsibilities are generalised and are in no way exhaustive and will involve working on a range of clients across a variety of sectors corporate, not for profit and pension schemes:
• Carry out audits using a bespoke risk-based audit approach;
• Act as assistant or middle person on larger clients, completing relevant sections of the audit file as discussed and agreed at the planning meeting;
• On some of our smaller clients, you will act as senior reporting directly to the manager. For these audits, the individual would be responsible for the planning of the audit file right through to the completion sections including drafting the financial statements, the management letter and the letter of representation;
• Supervise and effectively delegate work to less experienced members of the audit team as agreed by the senior;
• Communicate with the audit senior regularly on the audit and make recommendations to them on how our clients can improve their accounting systems and controls;
• Perform ‘accounts preparation’ jobs either from the client’s trial balance or from their original accounting records;
• Appraise less experienced members of the audit team following completion of the jobs worked on with them;
• An average of 10 to 12 weeks per year will be spent on ‘away jobs’.
• Flexible work attitude, pro-active team player;
• Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines;
• Able to learn and pick things up fast;
• Familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Good telephone manner and communication skills.
Worked Based Competencies
• Studying towards the ACA or ACCA qualification;
• Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook;
• Experience of an electronic audit programme;
• Experience of CaseWare and Sage would be an advantage.