haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 39 partners and over 500 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
This role is an exciting opportunity providing excellent administrative support to our Audit department. You will be supporting the team in a very busy environment where confidentiality, personality and a proactive approach is essential. You will work within one of our five Audit department sub-teams to provide administrative support for the team, working closely with the senior members and managers in the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Providing assistance and support to the Audit Managers and Trainees within a team (up to 80 staff members)
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Attending and minuting team meetings and supporting with actions:
- Supporting with the resource management process;
- Typing and amending documents with speed and accuracy;
- Drafting, amending and tracking client letters;
- Requesting and processing audit confirmations;
- Tracking and processing signed accounts, working with other Audit Team Assistants to ensure process is followed accurately and within a timely manner;
- Assisting with diary management and room bookings;
- Liaising with clients and other contacts to arrange external meetings;
- Drafting interim and final fee invoices;
- Coordinating with other Audit Team Assistants and admin staff to ensure the efficient running of the Audit Team;
- Supporting with monitoring of compliance with firm policies and procedures;
- Assisting with organisation of the team’s appraisal process;
- General adhoc administration tasks and support such as filing and scanning.
Work Based Competencies
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of audit/accountancy helpful but not essential;
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are critical;
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines;
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Ability to use own initiative and be pro-active;
- Identify priorities and action them;
- Tact and discretion for dealing with confidential information;
- Strong team player
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities.
We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles.
If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org