You will be a member of a growing corporation tax specialist team focusing on providing pro-active corporation tax services to a wide range of clients operating in a variety of industry sectors, including owner managed businesses. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Managing the corporation tax compliance process for a portfolio of corporate clients including both standalone clients and groups;
- Tax advisory to partners and clients including:
- -Structures – company, LLP, etc.;
- -Research and development tax relief;
- -Group tax planning;
- -International matters;
- -Venture capital tax reliefs;
- -Share schemes and valuations;
- -Corporate and property acquisitions and disposals; and
- -Tax sections due diligence reports.
- Identifying tax efficient opportunities for clients and liaising with partners on implementing those opportunities;
- Responsible for managing billing and work in progress;
- Team responsibilities including line management for junior staff and assisting in development, training and the appraisal process for sub team staff; and
- Involvement in business development of the firm including attending networking events and opportunity to join a sector group.
- Deliver work to a high standard and willingness to provide an excellent client service;
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, ability to work unsupervised, work within a team, influence and negotiate;
- Excellent communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally; and
- Show creativity with desire to identify possible tax opportunities and potential pitfalls.
- Has previously managed a client portfolio including groups;
- Ideally be CTA qualified;
- Good Microsoft skills, outlook, excel, word; and
- Alpha tax knowledge preferred.