You will be a member of a growing corporation tax specialist team focusing on providing pro-active corporation tax services to a wide range of clients operating in a variety of industry sectors, including owner managed businesses. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. The role will encompass a mix of both tax compliance and tax advisory work providing a broad and varied role. Ideally you will be ACA/CTA qualified and will have relevant experience working in a tax focussed role. Support in studying for professional qualifications can also be offered.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
• Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including both standalone companies and groups
• Reviewing computations prepared by junior staff and taking responsibility for the timely delivery of a high quality service to clients
• Liaising with HMRC on queries into tax returns
• Some tax advisory work, under the supervision of managers, to partners and clients including:
– research and development tax relief
– group tax planning
– venture capital tax reliefs
– share schemes and valuations
• Preparation of the tax sections of due diligence reports
• Completion of EMI and EIS/SEIS documentation
• Assisting in the developing and training of junior staff in the department
• Assisting managers with billing and managing work in progress on portfolio of clients
Work Based Competencies
• Has previously managed a client portfolio of corporate clients
• Some involvement with providing advisory work is preferred but not essential.
• Good Microsoft skills, outlook, excel, word
• Knowledge of Alphatax preferred but not essential
• Deliver work to a high standard and meet deadlines
• Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, ability to work unsupervised, work within a team, influence and negotiate.
• Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally