You will be a member of a growing tax team providing services to a wide range of corporate and not for profit clients and individuals across a variety of sectors. As an undergraduate placement, we want you to get the most out of your time with us and gain invaluable skills to prepare you for the world of work. You will need to be proactive, show willingness to learn and work as part of a team. Client delivery is key to the success of our Firm and so you will need to be highly organized and show good attention to detail in order to meet client deadlines. The role is predominantly within Business Tax where our client base is board across a number of exciting industries such as property, hospitality, Creative Media and Technology and charity sectors. There may be other opportunities to explore other areas of tax within the Firm.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Dealing with basic corporation tax compliance work on a variety of clients;
- Dealing with correspondence to and from HM Revenue & Customs
- Full training and support will be provided on all aspects of the role.
This list is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time.
Work Based Competencies
- Attention to detail and good numerical and grammar skills;
- Competent using the Microsoft suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The person will be self-motivated with a flexible approach;
- Team player;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Able to multitask;
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally and respond to client needs.
- Holiday – 22 days plus bank holidays;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Employee Assistance Programme.
After a 6-month probationary period:
- Entry into Group Income Protection Scheme;
- Season ticket loan;
- Opportunity to trade holiday via salary sacrifice.