haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 39 partners and over 500 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Undertake internal audits in line with approved internal audit plan, from planning to fieldwork and reporting outcome from the review.
Good understanding and knowledge on risk based internal auditing.
Undertake and comment an assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment.
Prepares reports and preserves documentation to support audit work completed and findings reported.
Undertake grant audit work in line with approved terms of reference and presenting outcome from audit work completed.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Responsible for conducting audit fieldwork which includes undertaking audit testing, conducting meetings with relevant client personnel
- Ensure a full briefing meeting has been held with the manager on the assignment before work commences
- Ensure the work undertaken is in accordance with the approved plan and budget
Work Based Competencies
- Working towards or qualified internal auditor (PIIA)
- Proven relevant experience, gained in a similar auditing role
- Competent at using Microsoft applications, Work and Excel in particular
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to influence internal / external clients and colleagues
- Has proven auditing skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Keen to add value to our clients’ businesses
- Flexible work attitude, pro-active and collaborative team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Adaptability and ability to respond positively to change
- Ability to learn and pick things up quickly
- Familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Excellent integrity and ethical standards