haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 38 partners and over 350 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Sound knowledge and experience in good governance practices, risk management methodology, programme management, and change management programmes.
Good understanding of strategic issues and risks faced by organisations, and able to lead and report on strategic and operational activities of audit issues.
Develop annual internal audit plans and ensuring successful delivery of these within budget. Internal audit plans provide assurance on Governance, Risk Management, and Internal Control areas.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Responsible for conducting audit fieldwork which includes undertaking audit testing, conducting meetings with relevant client personnel
- Ensure a full briefing meeting has been held with the manager on the assignment before work commences
- Ensure the work undertaken is in accordance with the approved plan and budget
- Input audit findings into PAWS, ensure full PAWS file is completed and handed over at the end of each audit
Work Based Competencies
- Working towards or qualified internal auditor (PIIA)
- Proven relevant experience, gained in a similar auditing role
- Competent at using Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of PAWS
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to influence internal / external clients and colleagues
- Has proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Keen to add value to our clients’ businesses
- Flexible work attitude, pro-active and collaborative team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Adaptability and ability to respond positively to change
- Ability to learn and pick things up quickly
- Familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Excellent integrity and ethical standards