haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 39 partners and over 500 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities are generalised and are no way exhaustive and will involve working on a range of clients across a variety of sectors, corporate and not for profit. A number of assignments will be to assist external audit assignments with reviewing client’s IT controls and reporting to the Engagement Manager and Partner on the outcome of your IT controls assessment. The role will be to deliver IT internal audits, support external audit engagements and special project work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To work in line with the haysmacintyre’s internal audit methodology.
• To understand the key risks identified by clients and the controls put in place to address those risks.
• To scope and plan IT internal audit assignment based on client requirements and risk assessments.
• To execute variety of audit tests / procedures and interpret outcome from testing.
• To prepare draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards for internal management and partner review.
• To lead on individual assignments ensuring delivery is in line with allocated budget and agreed timeline with clients.
• To seek guidance from managers and partners as required.
• Understand the financial, operational, IT and compliance risks which impacts client operations and incorporate these into the audit work programme.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify It security and cyber risks, and make recommendations which are appropriate, proportionate, practical and cost-effective.
• Manage several internal audit assignments and prioritise.
• Supporting the Partners and Directors in key business development activities for new work including targeting, writing proposals and presentations.
• Relevant professional experience, ideally within IT Internal Audit
• CISA qualified or equivalent or working towards CISA
• Proven experience of successfully delivering IT internal audits
• Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, relating them to the wider business environment
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with data analytics
• Flexible to travel
• Ability to execute audits with limited support
• A pro-active ‘can do’ attitude.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities.
We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles.
If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email email@example.com