The primary responsibility for this role is to provide administrative support to the recruitment, and onboarding processes throughout the Firm.
The People function is a busy team where confidentiality, a collaborative work ethic, curiosity and a proactive approach are essential. The team provides advice and support to partners and staff throughout their entire tenure at the Firm. We deliver a full range of generalist support together with specialist recruitment, payroll and learning and development activities.
The Team gain credibility through being proactive, responsive, creative and accurate – while this seems basic it will form the basis of success in this role.
The People Team currently comprises a Chief People Officer, two Business Partners, People Operations Manager, Head of L&D, Talent Acquisition Manager, Professional Qualifications Advisor and BP Assistant.
Supporting the Talent Acquisition Manager with all aspects of attraction, interviewing and
onboarding of new staff:
• Ensure vacancy list is always up to date in all appropriate places, including internal People data
• Ensure Job Descriptions are listed in the appropriate places, internally and externally, and removed as appropriate
• Support Talent Acquisition Manager with agency liaison, ensuring they have all necessary information at all times
• Monitor the Recruitment Inbox, responding to applications (reject/filled vacancies) and ensuring a positive experience for all interested applicants
• Monitor the HR Inbox with the Team Administrator to ensure all queries are managed effectively, many of which will be from joiners
• Manage recruitment tracker/log, saving CVs and keeping up to date with developments
• Manage the interview process i.e. schedule interviews, book rooms/Teams meetings
ensuring all parties have all relevant information in good time
• Ensure all invoices are received, collated, logged and sent to Finance within appropriate timeframe
• Hold any initial screening calls with candidates as and when requested and feedback in the appropriate timeframe.
• Liaise with external agencies to ensure a positive candidate experience for all areas of the process.
2. Offer Process
• When appropriate, create the contracts of employment and offer letter within agreed SLA for approval via internal channels
• On approval, send out contract and letter with all appropriate documentation and liaise with candidate if there are questions arising
• On receipt of acceptance letter inform Hiring Manager and People Team of acceptance and commence on-boarding process
• Ensure a Welcome Pack is ordered for every new joiner ahead of their start date
• Ensure future employees receive all relevant onboarding documentation and manage subsequent return of information in good time
• Initiate and manage the new joiner referencing process keeping People Team informed of any issues
• Set up individual induction schedule with Hiring Manager, ensuring all specifically appropriate for the joiner
• Liaise with all internal teams as needed to ensure Day One runs smoothly, meetings are diarised, etc
• Meet joiners on Day One in advance of formal induction, on Teams or in person, to check all is well
4. Joiner Administration
• Input new joiners onto Open HR and set up a personnel file for the individual
• Ensure all relevant IT equipment is ordered and organised for Day/Week One
• File all documentation into the individual personnel file for future reference
• Manage the Joiner & Leaver spreadsheet for internal use
• Input new joiners onto the Astute E-Learning platform and register them for the mandatory learning modules.
• Calculate holiday entitlements for new joiners
• Complete and circulate weekly ‘Starter & Leaver’ schedule for the Firm
• Ensure Team Data is inputted and kept updated for relevant departments
• Include joiners skills and specialisms into OpenHR upon starting
• Support the People Operations Manager with the People section of the new joiner Induction
• Manage the quarterly Induction for new joiners
• Attend regular meetings with the IT Department to ensure communication of new joiners is kept up to date
5. Compensation and Benefits
• Maintaining the Firm’s benefit platform and healthcare cashplan, monitoring starters.
• Ensuring key benefit changes or updates are circulated to all staff and actioning queries where necessary.
• Ensure new joiner details are updated in OpenHR and run monthly joiner payroll report for the People Operations Manager
• Supporting other team members on the annual salary review and trainee regrading, running reports and importing to the database, notifying relevant departments such as IT and updating payroll.
6. Data reporting
• Support team members in collating the People Dashboard report weekly including new joiners, graduates, turnover & retention data
• Create regular reports on recruitment to include various points of recruitment process (e.g. numbers of CV’s submitted, offer to acceptance ratio)
• Support Talent Acquisition Manager with salary benchmark data
• Support the People Operations Manager with data requests and ensure the data in OpenHR is kept up to date at all times.
7. Idea Generation
At all times, your ideas will be welcome as to how we can improve, be more efficient, save time, enhance compliance etc. so please listen, research and share ideas as you wish. Laws change,
market practices develop, and generations want different things so keeping an eye out for interesting developments is very wise and ever so useful.
You will have:
• Experience of working in an HR/People Team, specifically in a recruitment support role – we welcome applications from those with more experience but highlight that this role is as described above
• Working within a professional services environment would be beneficial
• A working knowledge of the People processes within a corporate environment
• Direct recruitment experience may be helpful
• Good understanding and experience of key legal requirements relating to legislation particularly with regards to discrimination and immigration regulations
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task completing priorities
• Being pro-active and enthusiastic to support the business
• Knowledge of the basics of good HR/People practice and how to add value
• Great ideas and ability to communicate them
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Capacity to establish professional credibility quickly
• PC literate
• Adaptable and flexible with great ideas for improvement
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Creativity, curiosity and a sense of humour!