You will be a member of a growing tax team providing services to a wide range of corporate and not for profit clients and individuals across a variety of sectors. As a school leaver embarking on the start of your career within Business tax, you’ll have access to personal development and professional training whilst working towards your professional qualification. Client delivery and building successful client relationships is key to success of the Firm, so we are looking for highly organized, proactive individuals who are keen to learn from other successful peers and managers.
At haysmacintyre, we look to achieve the right work-life balance. With regular staff briefings to keep you up to date with the firm’s progress to regular social events, there is something for everyone. From our formal Christmas socials to summer softball in the park, we pride ourselves on making time for each other. Our CSR programme is an important step in ensuring we work with our clients, employees, and other stakeholders, to better support our local community and reduce our impact on our environment.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Dealing with basic corporation tax compliance work on a variety of clients;
- Dealing with correspondence to and from HM Revenue & Customs
- Full training and support will be provided on all aspects of the role.
This list is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time.
Work Based Competencies
- Attention to detail and good numerical and grammar skills;
- Competent using the Microsoft suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The person will be self-motivated with a flexible approach;
- Team player;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Able to multitask;
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally and respond to client needs.
- Holiday – 22 days plus bank holidays;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Employee Assistance Programme.
After a 6-month probationary period:
- Entry into Group Income Protection Scheme;
- Season ticket loan;
- Opportunity to trade holiday via salary sacrifice.