haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 39 partners and over 500 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Manager to build upon a period of strong growth and support new audit and advisory clients. Working closely with Partners running a busy portfolio and working with a range of clients within our CMT sector (Creative, Media & Tech), you will focus on managing our larger and higher risk engagements, particularly focusing on our listed and international audit clients. You will be actively involved in helping to drive the ‘CMT’ strategy and attend various business development initiatives in the space. Clients in the CMT sector are varied, including fashion and beauty businesses, digital media and digital marketing agencies, and a range of technology companies from start-ups to international publicly listed groups.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills as well as being involved in training, managing and appraising staff.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
• Audit: statutory audit, planning, completion, attend / lead client meetings etc.;
• Being a key point of contact throughout the year;
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients as well as prospective clients;
• Provision of general business advice to clients;
• Managing the overall service delivery to clients;
• Client billing and job recoverability;
• Prospective client meetings;
• Assist in supervising/managing the audit staff, including having a responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly to you, and taking responsibility for career development of others;
• Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations;
• Assist where required in the general running of the audit department.
Work Based Competencies
• Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and international standards on auditing
• Working knowledge of Tax
• Experience of Caseware or similar accounts production software
• Experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and onsite reviews
• Qualified accountant
• The successful candidate will be able to multitask in terms of handling multiple clients
• Excellent technical and personal skills to service a portfolio of clients efficiently and effectively
• Excellent communication skills and be confident, articulate and able to communicate at all levels externally and internally
• Ability to produce high quality business style reports for non-executive committees
• Presentation skills for tendering for new work
• A team player with the ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
• Strong organisational skills
• Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
• Ability to successfully support, nurture and motivate different team members