haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 39 partners and over 500 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
You will be a member of a growing business tax specialist team focusing on providing pro-active employee share schemes services to a wide range of clients operating in a variety of industry sectors. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Managing share schemes and wider employment related security tax advisory work on clients including both standalone companies and groups;
- Liaising with HMRC on valuations and clearances;
- Share schemes advisory work, under the supervision of Director, to partners and clients including:
- EMI design and drafting;
- CSOP design and drafting;
- Growth share design and implementation;
- Share valuations;
- Preparation of the share schemes sections of due diligence reports;
- Supporting and developing junior members of the team;
- Billing and client management.
- Confident advising across key areas of employee share schemes including EMI, growth shares and employment related securities.
- Qualified at least to ATT or preferably CTA level;
- Previously had strong exposure to share schemes advisory work either in a specialist capacity or as part of wider tax role now looking to specialise.
- Able to use the Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word;
- Self-motivated individual;
- Able to deliver work to a high standard and meet internal and external deadlines;
- Displays good organisational and time management skills
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, the ability to work unsupervised within a team environment and can influence and negotiate;
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally;
- Aware of own personal development and contributes towards it. Training and study support will be available where applicable.