22nd May 2023
Haysmacintyre is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisors, with 40 partners and over 400 staff, providing advice to entrepreneurs, fast-growing and owner-managed businesses, charities and not for profit organisations across the UK and internationally.
Haysmacintyre’s tax disputes and resolutions team has in depth experience of dealing with HMRC on behalf of private clients, businesses, charities and trusts which can be utilised to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our experience ranges from negotiating settlements with HMRC, disclosures, investigations, Code of Practice 9 fraud enquiries, appeals and all types of disputes with HMRC. We cover all taxes.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work directly with Partners, Directors and the team in relation to all tax disputes and resolutions clients.
- The preparation of HMRC disclosures, managing disputes and investigations including under COP8 and 9.
- The preparation of computations, reports and advice (including technical analysis in support of findings)- working directly with senior members of the team.
- Proactive role managing allocated cases from engagement to finalisation.
- Corresponding directly with clients and third parties, including meetings. For clients this will range from onboarding new clients and liaising with them throughout the HMRC process. Third party communications will include liaising with HMRC and assisting clients with the collation of their supporting documents.
- Support the team’s junior members.
- Marketing – have input in the teams internal and external marketing campaigns.
- Proactive thinking and encouraging others within the team is encouraged.
- Monitoring own work in progress, drafting invoices and assist clients with any queries they may have.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ATT/CTA qualified (or overseas equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Report writing and tax computational experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel is preferred.
- Experience of tax enquiries, investigations and voluntary disclosures to HMRC