This role is an exciting opportunity providing tax technical support and training to our tax department. You will be working within our market leading tax team reporting into the Tax
leadership team. The Tax team consists of 80 staff and managers and operates across both corporate and not-for-profit sectors. The role is primarily to support the business tax team which
consists of 45 staff from recent graduates to partner with opportunities to support the other tax departments of VAT, Employment Tax, Private Client and Trust.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
A key member of the Tax team, providing tax technical support and delivering learning and development pathways for trainees as well as supporting the tax technical partner and directors in
researching and developing training on new developments. The role will have no direct client responsibilities.
Predominately internally focused, the responsibilities include:
• Designing and delivering tax training (both virtual and in-person sessions)
• Providing technical advice to tax trainees
• Supporting the tax technical partner in researching and delivering tax training on emerging matters.
• Liaising with administrative support to arrange external training where needed to supplement the internal training.
• Suited to someone with experience of delivering tax technical training, either within a tax practice or externally as a training provider.
• A strong working knowledge of corporation tax
• Practical experience of dealing with HMRC and of undertaking tax compliance
• A genuine desire to continue to develop your expertise and gain relevant experience.
• Excellent facilitator skills and content creation making interactive sessions both virtually and in-person
• Up to date knowledge of blended methodology TTT experience
• Demonstrable working knowledge of learning and development best practices for pre and post sessions
• A desire to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and to influence other senior professionals.
• Flexible role – can be part time or full time. Supportive of a hybrid working arrangement noting that there will be the need for in-person and remote sessions.
• Knowledge/interest of/in the apprentice standards and programme is desirable