The role will entail running and assisting on audits for a variety of clients across all sectors and sizes. You will have had experience of leading audits from the planning stage right through to the completion stage including supervision of staff within your audit team.
You will be familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance. You will be in the process of studying for the ACA or ACCA or equivalent. This role will be client facing, where you will need to show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
As an Audit Senior, you will be required to travel to client’s premise where necessary and work around client working hours as necessary.
Responsibilities are generalised and are no way exhaustive and will involve working on a range of clients across a variety of sectors; Corporate, Not for Profit and Pension Schemes.
- Carry out and provide high quality audit services using our bespoke risk-based audit approach
- Act as the senior on audits reporting directly to manager. The individual will be responsible for the planning of the audit file right through to the completion sections including drafting the financial statements, the management letter and the letter of representation
- Responsible for managing a team of up to five staff. You will supervise, brief and effectively delegate work to less experienced members of the audit team
- Communicate with the audit manager regularly on the audit and make recommendations to them on how our clients can improve their accounting systems and controls
- Appraise other members of the team following completion of the jobs worked on
- An average of 10 to 12 weeks per year will be spent on ‘away jobs’
- Flexible work attitude, pro-active and collaborative team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Adaptability and ability to respond positively to change
- Ability to learn and pick things up quickly
- Familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Excellent integrity and ethical standards
- ACA or ACCA part qualified
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of an electronic audit programme
- Experience of CaseWare would be an advantage
Apply Now Download Details Top