This session will provide a comprehensive summary of trustees’ duties and responsibilities and will cover issues such as:
What information do you need as a trustee and what are your legal responsibilities?
- The framework within which charities operate:
- the legal structures used by charities, the regulation of charities, the role of the Charity Commission, and the public benefit requirement
- Trustees’ duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities, and the role of the chairperson• Responsibilities for identifying and managing risk
- Charity accounting: the accounting and reporting framework, ‘unravelling the jargon’, preparation of accounts, ensuring you receive the right financial information, and the role of trustees and audit committee
- Charity funds, investments, and banking
- Fundraising: the ground rules; the role of professionals, and corporate support
- Trading: the ground rules and the use of subsidiary companies
- Recent regulatory developments
- Governance best practice
Speakers: Cazenove Charities, Farrer & Co, haysmacintyre
Please register using the button below.
March 30, 2023
9:30 am - 1:00 pm