With our experience of supporting clients at all stage of their business journey, we’ve amassed a wealth of advice that can help you structure your business tax-effectively, be confident of being tax complaint and ensuring that you don’t pay any more tax than you need to.
Working closely with you to develop a deep understanding of your operations, challenges and aims, we’ll be proactive in suggesting tax strategies that match your goals and appetite for risk. We’re thoughtful, imaginative and always practical.
Tax is ever-evolving and with the emphasis on digitisation, the pace of change is accelerating. You can rely on us to be fully up to speed with our advice, helping you plan well in advance for forthcoming tax rules and requirements.
With the global reach we provide though our membership of the MSI Global Alliance, we’ll guide you through your international business decisions and their tax implications, for every jurisdiction where you’re active or exploring the possibilities.
For more information on our international capabilities, click here.
Spring Budget 2023: Full summary
On 15 March 2023, the Chancellor Jeremy Hunt, delivered a ‘Budget for Growth’. Our summary provides an overview of the key announcements arising from the Chancellor’s Budget, and how they are likely to impact your business and personal finances.
Employee equity in difficult economic times
With the UK close to another recession and inflation running at record levels, businesses are feeling the squeeze for cash.
Enterprise Management Incentive options
EMI options allow employees to acquire shares in the employer. They are typically structured as options to subscribe for shares at a fixed price.
Company Share Option Plan
CSOP is a government backed tax-efficient employee option plan, which can allow companies to grant options to employees at today’s value, without suffering income tax or NIC on any increase in value.
Growth shares (otherwise known as flowering shares or hurdle shares) are a class of share with specific class rights that are often used in employee incentive planning.
Reversal on Emergency Budget
As the saying goes, a week is a long time in politics. However, recent events have been unprecedented. At the Mini Budget a new Prime Minister and Chancellor launched a new agenda, ‘The Growth Plan’.
haysmacintyre’s dedicated page on the range of financial, tax and accounting measures being introduced with regard to Brexit, together with our related thoughts/insights on helping businesses.
Servicing our clients
Tax compliance and reporting
- Corporation tax compliance and reporting including assisting with tax accounting disclosures
- Group tax planning and reporting including advising on most efficient use of losses and group relief
- iXBRL tagging of tax returns
- Identifying and maximising capital allowances claims
- Corporate Interest Restriction advice and compliance
- Assistance to help you comply with the senior accounting officer regime
- Assistance with HMRC enquiries and tax disputes
Tax credits and incentives
- Supporting companies in making Research & Development tax relief claims and creative tax relief claims.
Acquisitions, disposals and exit planning
- Transaction support on mergers, takeovers and succession planning
- Tax due diligence work
- Advice on transaction structure and post-acquisition structuring
- Shareholder exit planning including advising on Business Asset Disposal Relief (‘BADR’)
Venture capital reliefs
- Advice and support on venture capital tax reliefs including Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS).
International corporate tax advice
- Strategic advice on all aspects of transfer pricing
- Tax audits, mutual agreement procedures
- Value chain analysis
- Withholding taxes
- Permanent establishments
Tax efficient business structuring
- Strategic advice on tax efficient corporate and business restructuring in the UK and overseas.
- Structuring for owner-managed and family businesses
- Support on tax aspects of property transactions including Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) advice
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) compliance and advisory
- Assistance with the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Tax-efficient structuring of property acquisitions
- Advice on acquisitions and disposals
- Maximising capital allowances on property transactions
- Remuneration and profit extraction planning
- Implementing employee-based equity schemes including the Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Scheme and Growth Shares
- Review of existing equity based incentive schemes
- Employment Related Security (‘ERS’) returns
Not for profit sector specific services
- Museums and Galleries Exhibition Tax Relief claims
- Theatre Tax Relief claims
- Orchestra Tax Relief claims
- Advice on mutual or non-trading status
- Maintaining and accessing Corporation Tax reliefs for charitable entities
- Charity tax compliance
- Group tax planning for charitable entities
- Setting up / reviewing Gift Aid arrangements
- Claiming Gift Aid / charitable giving
Partnerships & LLP’s
- Partnership tax compliance
- Advising on mixed partnership rules
I have used the haysmacintyre tax team for a number of years to help me understand and resolve these issues. Without exception they have provided a first class and timeous service across the board.
See all of our latest news related to Business Tax.
Spring Budget – 15 March 2023: Highlights
The Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, delivered his first Budget this afternoon, promising a Budget for growth....
A ‘rebalancing’ of the R&D Tax Reliefs
In yesterday’s Autumn Statement, the Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, announced several significant changes to Research...
Fiscal Statement – The Growth Plan: Cancellation of Corporation Tax increase
The Chancellor has today confirmed the widely predicted cancellation of the increase in the main...
Autumn Budget 2021: highlights
The Chancellor Rishi Sunak delivered his Autumn Budget and Spending Review earlier this afternoon, setting...
Capital allowances: super deductions
The changes made to the capital allowances regime introduce two types of increased relief for...
Tax Day: HMRC Publishes Tax Policies and Consultations
The documents/announcements include: Confirmation that Making Tax Digital for Income Tax will go ahead...
Case studiesView all case studies
Case study: Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) options for key employees
Case study takeaways: Our client is a platform designed to support ecommerce growth. haysmacintyre assisted with structuring equity remuneration packages for key employees. The incentive package was agreed utilising available tax advantages and within the client’s timeframe. The challenge Our client wished to offer equity incentives to its key employees. Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) options […]
Hospitality case study: Coronavirus Job Retention scheme investigation
Case study takeaways:
- Company A operates in the hospitality sector.
- haysmacintyre assisted the client with an HMRC Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) investigation.
- Reduced company’s liability from £180k to zero within one week following our involvement.
Coordinating a global audit
We are the auditors of a UK charity which has six branches and subsidiaries overseas. Each of the overseas components has local auditors in place.