With our experience of supporting clients at all stage of their business journey, we’ve amassed a wealth of advice that can help you structure your business tax-effectively, be confident of being tax complaint and ensuring that you don’t pay any more tax than you need to.
Working closely with you to develop a deep understanding of your operations, challenges and aims, we’ll be proactive in suggesting tax strategies that match your goals and appetite for risk. We’re thoughtful, imaginative and always practical.
Tax is ever-evolving and with the emphasis on digitisation, the pace of change is accelerating. You can rely on us to be fully up to speed with our advice, helping you plan well in advance for forthcoming tax rules and requirements.
With the global reach we provide though our membership of the MSI Global Alliance, we’ll guide you through your international business decisions and their tax implications, for every jurisdiction where you’re active or exploring the possibilities.
For more information on our international capabilities, click here.
Autumn Budget Report 2021
I am pleased to share our full summary of the 2021 Autumn Budget and Spending Review.
haysmacintyre’s dedicated page on the range of financial, tax and accounting measures being introduced with regard to Brexit, together with our related thoughts/insights on helping businesses.
Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page on the range of financial, tax and accounting measures being introduced with our related thoughts/insights on helping businesses during this time.
Servicing our clients
Tax compliance and reporting
- Corporation tax compliance and reporting including assisting with tax accounting disclosures
- Group tax planning and reporting including advising on most efficient use of losses and group relief
- iXBRL tagging of tax returns
- Identifying and maximising capital allowances claims
- Corporate Interest Restriction advice and compliance
- Assistance to help you comply with the senior accounting officer regime
- Assistance with HMRC enquiries and tax disputes
Tax credits and incentives
- Supporting companies in making Research & Development tax relief claims and creative tax relief claims.
Acquisitions, disposals and exit planning
- Transaction support on mergers, takeovers and succession planning
- Tax due diligence work
- Advice on transaction structure and post-acquisition structuring
- Shareholder exit planning including advising on Business Asset Disposal Relief (‘BADR’)
Venture capital reliefs
- Advice and support on venture capital tax reliefs including Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS).
International corporate tax advice
- Strategic advice on all aspects of transfer pricing
- Tax audits, mutual agreement procedures
- Value chain analysis
- Withholding taxes
- Permanent establishments
Tax efficient business structuring
- Strategic advice on tax efficient corporate and business restructuring in the UK and overseas.
- Structuring for owner-managed and family businesses
- Support on tax aspects of property transactions including Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) advice
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) compliance and advisory
- Assistance with the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Tax-efficient structuring of property acquisitions
- Advice on acquisitions and disposals
- Maximising capital allowances on property transactions
- Remuneration and profit extraction planning
- Implementing employee-based equity schemes including the Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Scheme and Growth Shares
- Review of existing equity based incentive schemes
- Employment Related Security (‘ERS’) returns
Not for profit sector specific services
- Museums and Galleries Exhibition Tax Relief claims
- Theatre Tax Relief claims
- Orchestra Tax Relief claims
- Advice on mutual or non-trading status
- Maintaining and accessing Corporation Tax reliefs for charitable entities
- Charity tax compliance
- Group tax planning for charitable entities
- Setting up / reviewing Gift Aid arrangements
- Claiming Gift Aid / charitable giving
Partnerships & LLP’s
- Partnership tax compliance
- Advising on mixed partnership rules
See all of our latest news related to Business Tax.
VAT treatment of payment to exercise break clause
There has been considerable uncertainty in property related matters regarding payments related to property which...
IR35: more government departments facing significant tax bills
It has recently been revealed that the Ministry of Justice and the Department for Environment,...
£1bn in support for businesses impacted by Omicron
The Chancellor of the Exchequer announced on 21 December 2021 a series of measures to help businesses...
HMRC One To Many Letters
Over the last couple of years HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) have issued a number ‘...
Hybrid working arrangements
Working from home allowance Employers are currently (tax year 2021-22) able to pay employees who...
Family investment companies: pros and cons
A family investment company (FIC) is a bespoke vehicle that can enable parents to pass...
Case studiesView all case studies
Coordinating a global audit
We are the auditors of a UK charity which has six branches and subsidiaries overseas. Each of the overseas components has local auditors in place.
Flexible outsourcing for a not for profit
Flexible outsourcing for a not for profit entity with a supportive and collaborative working method.