25th January 2023
Welcome to our VAT and Tax update for not for profit organisations for the last quarter of 2022.
“The second half of 2022 has been very quiet from the point of view of the usual raft of case law developments, with only one case worth mentioning. However, it has been characterised by some very disappointing behaviour by HMRC.
“As I set out some of these developments below, I can only hope that the coming year is better – both on the VAT front but, more importantly, for those struggling to get by in this country and elsewhere with the rising costs of living, and for the people of Ukraine.”
Phil Salmon – January 2023
The topics covered within this quarter’s update are:
- VAT registration chaos at HMRC
- Making Tax Digital (MTD) for all
- Options to Tax on non-residential property
- Business vs Non-Business activities and HMRC’s stance
- Take care with capital expenditure timing
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)’s holiday pay consultation
To download the full publication, click the link below.