You will be a member of a growing corporation tax specialist team focusing on providing pro-active corporation tax services to a wide range of clients operating in a variety of industry sectors, including owner managed businesses. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
• Managing a portfolio of clients including both standalone companies and groups;
• Reviewing computations prepared by other members of staff and taking responsibility for the timely delivery of a high-quality service to clients;
• Reviewing letters and computations prepared by other members of staff;
• Liaising with HMRC on queries into tax returns;
• Tax advisory with managers and partners to clients including:
– research and development tax relief;
– structures – company, LLP, etc.;
– group tax planning;
– international matters;
– share schemes and valuations;
– venture capital tax reliefs; and
– tax due diligence reports.
• Completion of EMI and EIS/SEIS documentation.
• Deliver work to a high standard and meet deadlines;
• Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, ability to work unsupervised, work within a team, influence and negotiate; and
• Excellent communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally.
• Has previously managed a client portfolio including groups;
• Will already had some involvement with providing advisory work;
• Good Microsoft skills, outlook, excel, word; and
• Alpha tax knowledge preferred