You will be a member of a growing corporate tax team focusing on providing pro-active corporate tax services to a wide range of clients, including those within the not-for-profit (NFP) and charity sectors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The role will be client facing and you will need to show a willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. The role will encompass a mix of both tax compliance and tax advisory work providing a broad and varied role. You will have relevant experience working in a tax focused role.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including charities, trading subsidiaries and other not-for-profit entities under the supervision of managers.
- Technical research into a variety of tax issues.
- Liaising with HMRC on enquiries into tax returns.
- Basic introduction to tax advisory work, under the supervision of managers, to partners and clients including:
-research and development tax relief;
-group tax planning;
-venture capital tax reliefs;
-share schemes and valuations;
-Preparation of the tax sections of due diligence reports;
- Completion of EMI and EIS/SEIS documentation;
- Assisting managers with billing and managing work in progress on portfolio of clients.
Work Based Competencies
- Qualified/Part Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA/CA or equivalent), either working in a corporation tax role or with exposure to Corporation tax in a general practice role. Alternatively, the candidate can have relevant corporation tax experience qualified at least to ATT level
- Has previously managed a client portfolio would be preferred but not essential;
- Able to use the Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word;
- Knowledge of Alphatax preferred but not essential.
- Self-motivated individual;
- Able to deliver work to a high standard and meet internal and external deadlines;
- Displays good organisational and time management skills and the ability to run and manage a client portfolio;
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, the ability to work unsupervised within a team environment and can influence and negotiate;
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally;
- Aware of own personal development and contributes towards it. Training and study support will be available where applicable