The hospitality sector has always been intensely competitive and fast moving. However, increasing costs and pressures on consumer spending are adding to today's challenges. That’s why it’s vital to have specialist advisers who understand the specific issues you face and can help you become more profitable.
Our clients include hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and leisure companies and range from family-run businesses to franchises and international hotel groups. We have become trusted business advisers to many of them and they often turn to us to solve problems and discuss ideas.
How we can help you
We can help you avoid any pitfalls, exploit opportunities and improve your commercial success. As specialists in your field, we will give you the most relevant, up to date advice and always be available to answer your questions.
Restaurants, bars and pubs
In addition to our services listed below, we can help you maximise cash flow, improve profit margins, advise on PAYE and make sure you comply with the latest minimum wage and Tronc regulations.
We have recently:
- Advised a client on setting up a new restaurant concept and produced detailed cash flow projections
- Developed a corporate structure for a new club that allowed them to raise funds under both SEIS and EIS and maximised shareholder value in a tax efficient way.
- Set up an EMI scheme for a leading pub group.
In addition to the services listed below, we can help you improve margins and cash flow, structure property investments to minimise tax and maximise allowances, and identify inefficiencies in your business.
We have recently:
- Helped a US and UK hotel group reduce their worldwide tax liability.
- Performed due diligence on the purchase of 50% of the Hilton Wembley by Oaktree Capital Management from Quintain Estates.
- Saved a mid-size hotel group tax costs on the purchase of a property and maximised the capital allowances on refurbishment.
We can support you on almost everything from stocktaking to tax and franchise advice. Just choose the services you need:
- Accountancy and audit services
- Due diligence
- Employment - including staff remuneration and minimum wage legislation
- Corporate finance – raising finance, sales and acquisitions
- Corporation tax, VAT and PAYE
- Business support – such as payroll and accounting services to allow you to focus on running and growing your business
Our sector expertise
We are business partners with Propel, the hospitality and leisure PR consultancy, and support them with events, articles, briefings and seminars including launching the sector's most comprehensive benchmarking survey.